Pages

Tuesday 14 June 2016

What a delicious burger!

On Saturday, I woke up to a cold, breezy but sunny day. All of us in the family ate breakfast together. After a while, my uncle thought about going to Westfield for grocery shopping at the Warehouse Food Section. We planned to buy ingredients for a new recipe that my mother wanted to cook. It's sweet chewy brownies for dessert. On the way there I slept for about thirty minutes. When I woke up I realised that we've already arrived at our destination.


We were lucky to find a parking spot right away so we hopped out of our car as fast as we could. We passed through a bridge as we entered the mall. We stopped for a little while and took photos of the river underneath the bridge. Once we were inside the mall, I realised that the place was huge. I stayed with my parents all the time because I was worried that I might get lost there easily.


Then, we went to the Warehouse. We took the escalators to get up there. The Warehouse was in the 3rd floor so we had to take the escalator 2 times. Finally, we got there and we walked around the store to find the things that we wanted to buy.  We first headed to the utensils but we didn't find anything we needed so we proceeded to the foods area. We bought bags of chips and left.

We explored the mall for sometime then my mother noticed that the time was almost one o'clock, so we decided to leave and went to a fast food restaurant. We drove around trying for a nice place to have lunch. Carl's Junior'! My favourite! We ordered in a hurry because we were all starving.

Image result for westfieldImage result for burgerWhile waiting for our food to arrive, I turned on my tablet. Just as I turned it on,  the food arrived. How efficient they are!  We had three different burgers, chips and drinks. I quickly ate my food and drank my Fanta until nothing was left.  My tummy was so full that I felt it was going to explode any minute.  I could not move after eating so my mother said that we could stay for about ten more minutes for the food to get digested inside our tummies.

Saturday was a beautiful day because I got to explore Westfield. We even got to eat at Carl's Junior. Next time, I want to try going to another mall so I could explore Auckland even more. My favourite part of Saturday was eating at Carl's Junior because it's my favourite burger place and everytime I get to eat there, I always feel very happy afterwards.

Learning intention: We are learning to understand and use descriptive language in my recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I use seven opinion adjectives that expresses how I feel about the nouns in my recount.

No comments:

Post a Comment