Pages

Monday 20 June 2016

The most delicious ice cream brownie sandwich is here!

On a sunny Sunday,  my family and I decided to go to Carl's Junior for lunch. We quickly got changed into our winter outfits because the weather was extremely cold. When I was done, I waited for my parents in the living room then we all hopped into the car. Then, my uncle drove us into the nearest Carl's Junior.


While my uncle was driving, I saw other fast food restaurants like KFC, McDonalds and Burger King. I wished that next time, we could also go to one of these places. I also saw some trees on the side of the road, some with no leaves left.  Birds were tweeting and chirping (I think) but I couldn't hear them properly because the cars were too loud. After a couple of minutes I finally saw Carl's Junior! I was so happy that I started to imagine myself eating one million humongous burgers with all of my favourite ingredients. As soon as we were parked, I quickly hopped out of car and ran inside the restaurant.


Image result for ice cream brownie sandwich carls juniorWhile my mother was ordering, the cashier gave us cups to pour our drinks in. I asked my parents what they would like and they all said to get them a Fanta. So I grabbed three Fantas for everyone. When the ordering was finished, we only had to wait for about five minutes before the food came. When the food was finally served, we all said a lunch prayer and I took my burger and ate it hungrily because I was starving. I also ate chips dipped in ketchup. Then, my mother told me order dessert. I noticed this  delicious dessert called Ice Cream Brownie Sandwich so I ordered it and went back to our table. When I took the first bite, I knew that I needed to savour the flavour of this scrumptious dessert that melts in my mouth. I left half of the Ice Cream Sandwich Brownie for my parents. My parents first impression as soon as they tasted it was the same as mine.


When we were done, we all rested for a while and stood up to tidy our table then went back to our car. As were leaving the restaurant, I thanked my parents for the treat.  I walked slowly back to our car  because I was so full and I felt that my tummy was going to explode. Inside the car, I thought of the lunch I had with my parents and how tasty it was. I also enjoyed the time with my parents.

Sunday was great day because my family and I got to eat in Carl's Junior. My favourite part of our lunch was the unforgettable first bite of the Ice Cream Brownie Sandwich. Next time I eat lunch with my parents, I want to try eating in another Fast Food Restaurant like Burger King so I could taste their burgers too!

Learning intention: We are learning to understand and use descriptive language.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I add 28 appropriate adjectives into my piece of recount about eating in Carl's Junior.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Tristan,
    I like the appropriate adjectives that you have used to describe your recount at Carl's Junior.
    What is your favorite burger at Carl's Junior?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tristan,
    I really like the way you use appropriate adjectives in your piece of recount. I also like the way you described how the brownie sandwich tastes.
    What kind of food would you like to eat next time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi tristan
    my name is Luke from Grey Main School
    I really like that ice cream it looks really good maybe next time you could do little bit of writing then put a link so we don't have to read so much writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Luke!
      I'm pleased that you love the photo of the ice cream. Thank you for the feed back and next time I write a recount, I will try to shorten it and add a link to the rest. Keep yourself safe!:) - Tristan

      Delete