Pages

Tuesday 7 June 2016

Look, the lighthouse is shining on the seafarers!

On Sunday, 5th of June, my family and I planned to go on a day trip to different places. My uncle looked for a place far away from our house while my mother was cooking something and I was watching television. After a couple of minutes, my uncle found a place. It's the  Lighthouse in Manukau Heads. We packed warm clothes, snacks and other equipment that we might need. Before we left,  we had afternoon snacks of vanilla ice cream on top of a brownie. It was very delicious that I wanted to eat a lot of it but I resisted the temptation.

Image result for brownieWe all got into our four-wheeled red car excitedly. The trip there was about 80 kilometres and I felt tired so I decided to sleep. When I woke up we only had 30 kilometres left before arriving at our destination. My uncle stopped at a supermarket and bought some food that  we could cook like sausages, bread, etc. We went back to our car, buckled our seatbelts and drove all the way to the lighthouse.

Finally, we were at the Lighthouse! Unfortunately, the light was not turned on because it was daytime. The light turns on from 5pm until 7 in the morning. The cars parked there will be towed away after 5 pm, just before the lighthouse is lit. We reached there about 4:29 so we quickly went under the lighthouse and took pictures as fast as we can because we did not want our car to be towed away. I saw lots of people also taking pictures in a rush. My family took 10 minutes taking pictures under the lighthouse.  Below it, I could see the calm sea  because it was not windy.

Then my family decided to go up to the lighthouse. We took the stairs and as soon as we opened the door the strong wind was blowing and ruffled our hair. My family took pictures again! We even took videos as a memory of the lighthouse trip. Not that much people were up the lighthouse because some had left already.  Besides, there was only a little space up there so we immediately came down. I was pondering how it took us about two hours to get there but it was all worth it!
Image result for lighthouse at night

Sadly, the time was up. People went back to their cars and left the lighthouse just like what we did. My family was the last one to leave the lighthouse since it was our first time there. I told my mother how happy I was to be able to visit the lighthouse. As soon as we hopped into the car, the lighthouse turned on to guide and assist water transportation so they would know where they are at.

Next time, I wish to explore new places I haven't been before. My trip to the lighthouse was an unforgettable experience because I saw the lighthouse lighting up and guiding ships and boats. My favourite part of the trip was  when I got up to the top of the lighthouse and when the lighthouse shone brightly into the sea as a beacon of light to the seafarers

We are learning to understand and add descriptive language to our recount.
I know I can do this when I use 20 appropriate adjectives to describe my trip to the lighthouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment