Pages

Tuesday 23 August 2016

What a delicious, juicy butter chicken!

On Saturday afternoon, my uncle, my mother and I went to my friend's house because we were invited to a party. We used our big red car  this time because we usually use our small red car for travelling on the weekdays. My friend's house was about 30 kilometres away from our house. We did not want to be late so quickly got  we changed then hopped into the car and started our journey to my friend's house.


Image result for red car
On the way, I was looking outside to see what the view was like and what different kinds of buildings or cars we could pass by. Not for long, I started to feel bored. I wanted to talk to my mother about anything but she was sleeping.  I also didn't want to disturb my uncle while he was driving because he might lose his concentration and we might get into an accident or lose our way. So I decided to continue admiring the view of the surroundings instead.


After a while, I realised that we had finally arrived at my friend's house. The house was a big two-storey brick and tile with a brown roof and white walls. The inside was  painted in white and the rooms were painted in different shades of blue, pink and  light brown. My mother felt very jealous because she also wants a big and modern house for our family.


Image result for XBOX 360We softly knocked on the door and one of my friends opened it for us. I said a greeting to everyone in the house and then I went to a room where all of the children were in. They  were doing different kinds of activities. Someone was playing on the computer and the laptop, some on their phones and two people were playing XBOX 360. I wanted to have a turn because they were playing Minecraft so they gave me a controller and we were in a world called, 'City'. Their world had many structures in it like temples. Their currency in the world for buying items was a gem called, 'Emerald'. When I was playing I got to build a little house with windows and I lived there with all of my emeralds. We all had a lot of fun when we played Minecraft. While I was building something, someone suddenly called us that it was dinner time. All of the children including me proceeded to the dining room where all the delicious food were. First, we said a prayer for the food we were going to consume. On the table there were some butter chicken, cooked fish, fried pork and brownies for dessert. I took some butter chicken first because I love butter chicken!  Everyone else took some fish and others had fried pork. When we all ate our main meal, we tried the brownie. Some guests liked it but not me because the brownie wasn't sweet and it was a little bitter for me.


Image result for chicken
After dinner, my mother told me that we had to go home so that we would be early for church the following day.  We said goodbye to everyone and thanked them for inviting us to the party.  When we got outside, it was already very dark and breezy so I stayed close to my mother so I wouldn't get very cold.

Saturday night was a lot of fun because I got to spend time with all of my friends. My favourite part of the day was when we played Minecraft because I got to build a house. Next time we play a game on the XBOX 360, I want to try other games that I haven't tried.

Learning Intention: We are learning to understand and use descriptive language in our writing.
Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I choose appropriate adjectives to describe my weekend party.

No comments:

Post a Comment