Pages

Thursday 25 August 2016

What a delicious chocolate flavoured brownie with chocolate chips!

I had the best birthday party ever on Saturday night!

Image result for FantaOn Saturday afternoon, my family and I were invited to a party because it was a celebration for my uncle, my uncle's dad and my birthday. My birthday wasn't on Saturday but I was included because my birthday was on Monday and we couldn't celebrate it then because it would be school time. My mother baked some brownies for dessert, my uncle cooked fried chicken and I helped by washing the dishes. My mother bought one 1.5 L bottle of Sprite and a bottle of Fanta for us to drink.

When all the food were cooked, my uncle took out 12 bottles of wine from our fridge for everyone to drink. By the time the food was cooked, it was dark. We used our small car to get there but we had to put the food in the trunk first because it was too much for us to hold. After everything was ready, we all hopped into the car and went to my friend's house which was only two kilometres away from our house.

When we got there, we opened the door to my friend's house first and then we started putting the food on the table. We carried one plate at a time because some of them were too heavy. After all the food was on the table, we closed and locked the door and we found out that there was already some food on the table like butter chicken. We also saw some desserts, there were two cakes with different flavours. We didn't eat them straight away because we were still waiting for more visitors to arrive. While we were waiting, my friend and I watched some programmes on the television.

Image result for chickenAfter a while of watching the news, all of the food was finally ready for us to eat. We were all getting excited because we had already smelt the delicious aroma of the different food that we were having.

First, we said a prayer for the food that we were having and then everyone (except those having their birthdays) sang a birthday song to us. I was very happy to see that everyone else was happy. After we sang, we took some plates and utensils to share with everyone.

First, I had some butter chicken because it is one of my favourite food. When I first took a bite of the chicken, I was so delighted because it was delicious. However I resisted filling up my stomach because I wanted to save some room for the desserts. While waiting for the desserts, my friend and I watched different kinds of videos on Youtube.

Image result for brownieAfter a while of watching the videos, someone told that the desserts were ready. I ran to the table and I took some brownies because I love brownies. The brownies had chocolate chips in it and they were chocolate flavoured. Other people saw me eating some brownies and so they tried it as well. They loved it as much as I did. When I was eating the brownies, the chocolate cake was cut and ready to be shared out, so I took some of the chocolate cake. There was also a mocha cake but we didn't eat it because we wanted to save it for another time. When everyone was full, my family and I went back home with all of our utensils. None of the birthday people received their gift, but we were told that we will receive it the next day.

Saturday night was a wonderful night because I got to celebrate my birthday with my family and friends. My favourite part of the day was when we sang the birthday song because it made me happy. Next time, I want to try other food besides butter chicken because there might be food I haven't tried yet that might be really yummy.

Learning Intention: We are learning to understand and use descriptive language in our writing. Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I choose appropriate adjectives to describe my weekend birthday celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment