Pages

Monday 25 May 2015

Do you think badminton is fun?

On Friday Room 7 went to the hall to practice badminton. Our teacher came with us. When we got inside we saw coach Ben. He taught us how to play badminton.

Coach Ben and Room 7 started the activity with an exhausting warm-ups. I felt really tired already. On of the warm-ups was side to side, moving sideways but making sure that we were going straight. After warm-ups we practiced badminton with a racket and a shuttle.

Image result for badmintonWe practised our forehead first. We hit the shuttle up and down lightly otherwise it will hit the windows or the lights. After the forehand practice we did the backhand practice.

We practiced the backhand in the same way as we did with the forehand. The backhand was easier than the forehand for me. Then we had a competition. It was to hit the shuttle the longest and if it falls down you sit down. On the first try I tried with all my might but I failed. My classmate, Aiden tried so hard so he won.

On my first badminton practice, everything went well but if that practice was for Tennis I would have been happier because I prefer to play Tennis than badminton. I guess when I have learned and mastered the forehand and backhand skill, I would come to like to play badminton.

WALT understand and use language features in my recount.
I know I can do this when I can use past tense correctly.

1 comment:

  1. Talofa Lava Tristan, I like your story because you used a lot of words and you write the success criteria that matches what you have written. Why did you use that picture for your recount? I have played badminton before and I also learnt the grips.

    ReplyDelete