Pages

Friday 5 May 2017

Another exciting term of Technicraft!

Once again the holidays have passed and it was time for Technicraft. This time we were in a thrilling contemporary wood work class. I was filled with full excitement! As I entered the woodwork classroom it was like a brand new world has been revealed and opened to me. I sat down leisurely as I gazed around me.


Mr. Nair, our woodwork educator introduced himself and asked us various questions involving technology. I was unable to answer the strenuous questions, however the next activity he gave us was ten times more exciting.


Image result for sailing boat clipartOur main goal throughout the term was to create flexible puppets and we practised this initially by enlarging a small picture a sailing boat, this would improve our accuracy of enlarging our chosen character. At first, it was a little arduous but when I persevered, I accomplished the activity and was able to enlarge the compact sketch.


Image result for foldersAs time passed, we were given a new exciting activity! We had to make a title page for our colourful folders. He gave us some specimens to give us a suggestion for what we were about to produce. I started off my work with a border and a title saying, 'Material Tech'. However when I started to draw my next item, sadly we were told that the first lesson of woodwork was finished.

Although, we had a short time in Technicraft, it was still extremely enjoyable because we got our intelligent minds to think more about technology and how important it is in our life. Next time it would be extraordinary fun if we could start creating our brilliant puppets.

WALHT: Write a recount about our first Technicraft session.

No comments:

Post a Comment