Pages

Monday 12 February 2018

High hygiene standards is an important rule in the kitchen!

On the first day of Technicraft, the Year 8's went back to cooking again. We still had the intelligent cooking teacher, Ms Plows. To introduce us back to learning, she refreshed our minds with some information on how to keep the hygiene standards high when cooking. She told us the importance of keeping raw meat and cooked meat in the fridge and how to subsequently keep our area clean throughout the day.

After refreshing our minds with the knowledge, we started doing a design brief for creating a gift to someone and using a small glass jar to contain the gift inside. I started off my design brief by writing down three unique ideas which were 'Applesauce', 'Plum Jam' and 'Apple Jam'. For me, the applesauce caught my eye and tempted me to make it because of its name and my visualisation on what it would look like.

Designing the glass jar was something I also needed something to decorate it with anything, this could include paper cutouts and paintings. Using the creative side of my mind, the only idea I had was to cover the lid with a piece of coloured paper, draw a red apple and write inside the apple, 'Sweet Apples'. I knew I didn't have much time left and I had no more ideas, so I went on the next thing.

Constructing the ingredients/resources and the method on creating the applesauce was my favourite part because I could already imagine myself the instructions I've made and creating the applesauce. I really wanted to make the applesauce, but I knew I still needed some ingredients such as the apples and the container - glass jar. Due to my excitement, I needed to make a note that reminded me of getting all the things I needed because if I missed a prominent ingredient, it would be my worst day in Technicraft. As I completed my design brief, our teacher Ms Plows told us it was time to pack up. I felt so accomplished at the end of the day.

Completing my design brief made me extremely proud of myself. I cannot wait to start making the applesauce with my partner, Xyril!

No comments:

Post a Comment