Pages

Friday 10 February 2017

My first technicraft recount!

Today was my first day in Technicraft. All Year 7 students from our class went to learn Science and all Year 8 students went to learn cooking. A bus took us from school to Pakuranga Intermediate because we learn Science and Cooking there. We left school at 9 am and got there in 9:05. I was excited when we were getting to the bus.


In the bus, I thought of the things I would learn in Science. My other classmates chatted with each other when I looked outside the window. After a while, we already reached Pakuranga Intermediate because it was close to our school. When we arrived, I saw their beautiful and huge school. I got more excited when I saw their school!


Next our teacher, Mrs Dines told the Year 8 students to go their class and she lead the Year 7 students because it was our first time being there. On the way to the Science classroom, I saw many classes on the side and they had many trees in the centre. I was amazed at what I saw in my eyes. Suddenly, we stopped and Mrs Dines told us that Mrs Gawith was our teacher and that the room beside us was the Science room. I peeked inside but I only saw tables and a whiteboard. We came in and it felt to me like a whole new world has been opened up to me.


After that, Mrs Gawith told us to pick a chair and sit at a table. Before we started doing anything she introduced herself. Then she called out our names one by one so that she would learn them.


Then she gave us a sheet of paper to test our knowledge of Science. Some of the questions were easy and some were kind of hard. However, I tried to calm down so I could focus on the questions. After answering, she said that one person from each table must collect the sheet of papers. Then Mrs Gawith gave us a new sheet which was an experiment with bubbles. When we were writing our names in the experiment paper, she slowly gave us the materials we needed. When I saw the materials, I thought of what we're doing or experimenting.


As time passed, she finally finished giving us the materials. She gave us two beakers with straws, a jug full of water, a stopwatch and a small container filled with 10 ml of detergent. We first filled both beakers with 100 mls of water. Then we used one of the beakers and blew into it through the straw. We timed one of the bubbles until it popped. We timed one bubble and we got 1.46 seconds. We then added 10 mls of detergent to the other beaker and blew into it once again. We saw many bubbles but we timed the biggest one we could find. It took our bubble 36.95 seconds before it popped. Mrs Gawith then gave us a magnifying glass to look for hexagons in between the connecting bubbles. It really amazed my classmates and I on how long a bubble can keep its form before popping. I felt very happy when we did this.


After all of that, it was finally time for us to go back to our school. Mrs. Dines lead us back to the place where the bus dropped us off. When I was outside the bus heading there, I saw my other classmates already in the bus. While I was entering the bus, I wished we could have a little bit more of time so I could more about Science. When the bus was moving back to our school, I thought about what we would do next time we go there. I also felt really excited because I wanted to go back there.

Overall, I really liked learning Science in Pakuranga Intermediate. My favourite part of the day was when we were experimenting the bubbles and using magnifying glasses to see hexagons that connected the bubbles. Next time we go back there, I wish we could do another experiment for bubbles.

WALHT: Write a recount about our first Technicraft trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment