Pages

Saturday 28 May 2016

What a long way to KFC!

On Sunday 22nd of May, my family and I planned to go on a long trip and discover places that we haven't been before. We ate caramel flavoured ice cream before leaving the house. It was so delicious that I savoured the flavour of the ice cream. After eating, we packed some snacks in case we felt hungry. We used our big red car because we always use it for long trips. I was so excited that I couldn't wait to reach our destination.

While we were on the road, I looked at the different cars on the street and all of a sudden I heard a loud sound. The rain poured down so my uncle turned on the wipers. As soon as he turned it on, the rain poured down so hard that the front screen fogged up. I became very scared because I thought my uncle could not see the road due to the fog.  After a few minutes of driving away, the rain had stopped. I felt that the rain had only poured down on one spot. I turned my attention back to looking for more cars that had different colours and sizes.

After a little while, we stopped at a church in Bombay and looked for a place to have lunch. My uncle had a bright idea and he used the GPS to help us find fast food restaurants. We decided to eat at KFC since we haven't eaten there for a very long time. The journey to KFC was only about eight kilometres so I decided to rest my eyes on the way there.

After a few minutes we finally reached KFC. It was raining again so I was worried that we would get wet in the rain and catch a cold. Once we have parked, we waited for a few minutes for the rain to die down. Soon the rain calmed down so I opened the door quickly and ran as fast as I could but then I smelt something that made me slow down a little. It was the aroma of chicken cooking! This made me eager for lunch so I ran quicker to KFC.

Image result for chickenNext my mother decided what to order. She told me that I was going to have two pieces of drumsticks and a chicken thigh. I was getting more and more hungry by the second because the aroma of the chicken was everywhere. While we were waiting, I decided to wash my hands so that it's clean. Soon the food was on the table but before we could eat our meal, we said a lunch prayer. After saying it, I quickly grabbed one of the humongous piece of chicken and dipped it into the ketchup. It was so delicious. It took me a long time to eat my meal because I enjoying every bite slowly. When I finished eating, I washed my hands again and then we ran back to our car as the rain had calmed down.

Finally, we decided to go home because we didn't have any luck finding a place to go. On the way home, the rain poured down very hard again and the fog was blocking the glass. I decided to close my eyes and cover my ears until the rain calmed down and the fog had disappeared. After a few minutes of covering my eyes and ears, the rain stopped. We continued our journey back to our home.

Sunday was a very wet day but I still liked it because I got to eat at KFC. We also travelled 40 kilometres away from my house. Before we have a long trip next time, I will check the weather. My favourite part of the trip was seeing and exploring all the new buildings.

We are learning to understand and use descriptive language in a recount.
I know I can do this when I add 20 appropriate adjectives to describe my weekend adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment